Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Garden stools glow in the dark

by Debra Anchors


Image by True Art
This exceptional and clever idea was curated from Red Lotus Gardening.  Construct outdoor stools from tree trunks and then paint them with glow paint - instant party lights in your garden or around your fire pit!















Note:  For convenience, I have embedded links into the text that will take you to the products used in this project.

Recycle, upcycle and do it yourself?  Absolutely!  Have you upcycled something unique for your garden from recycled materials?  Please share it with me so I can feature your creation here.

If you enjoy this website, you might like my magazine, Gardening Life.  AND, don’t miss my more traditional gardening website, Gardens Inspired.

I hope you found inspiration today.  Remember to subscribe, so you won't miss a thing!

Until next time -
Debra

15 comments:

  1. How do you get different colors? I can only find plain glow in the dark paint.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Christy, thank you for dropping in!

      I don't know where you are located; we have many choices of color stocked in the hardware stores here in MI. Also, I have a link above to "glow paint", in my post here. The link will take you to a mail-order source for the paint.

      Good luck!

      Delete
    2. What brand of colored paint did you use

      Delete
    3. Hi there. Krylon offers a glow paint as does Rustoleum (probably many others, as well). Click on the "glow paint" link above so you can see what it looks like.

      Delete
  2. Is it a spray or a brush on? I really love this idea

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glow paint is available in both mediums; choose which one to use based on what colors you prefer? Thank you very much for dropping by; please follow me and stop-in again soon. -Debra

    ReplyDelete
  4. What type of would work better with the paint then another? And also do you treat the wood first before painting it? Thanks :-). Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry, I meant to say what type of wood would work better than another? Thanks. Tamara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think it would make a difference. I would most likely use a hardwood, like maple, since it is what we have an abundance of. And no, I wouldn't treat the wood first.

      Thank you for stopping by! -Debra

      Delete
  6. This is an absolutely brilliant idea. Will be so fun when having visitors over and they see the stools glowing. Love it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lars. I am pleased you enjoyed it! -Debra

      Delete
  7. Do I sand it first?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you plan to use them as seating, then yes, I would sand them first.

      Delete
  8. Can they be used as a sitting stool after the paint dries?

    ReplyDelete